The School is seeking to appoint an outstanding Specialist EAL Teaching Assistant to join our School’s Primary and Secondary Inclusion teams. Reporting to the EAL Coordinator, you will be responsible for teaching and supporting pupils who are identified as having additional English language needs and supporting and promoting inclusive practices within the School.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in assessing the additional requirements of pupils with English language development needs, and ensuring that specialist support is given in line with those needs.
- Assist in the implementation of individual student profiles in line with their English language development needs –in collaboration with the EAL Coordinators and Teachers.
- Monitor, record and review pupil progress and ensure that the provision being made remains appropriate to pupils identified.
- Where necessary, attend meetings with parents to support the EAL Coordinator in order to promote working partnerships that are effective in providing for pupil's additional English language needs.
- Prepare and maintain support materials relative to the support of EAL pupils.
- Deliver specialist EAL support to small groups of students.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level education (desirable)
- Background in EAL teaching (essential)
- High level of international and inter-cultural understanding (essential)
- High level of fluency in written and spoken English (essential)
If you would like to take this exciting role and you have the right blend of experience and ambition, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter with subject line ‘EAL Specialist’ to Careers@bisad.ae