We are in regular contact with ADEK and the Ministry of Education, and their initial plans for schools during the current term remain unchanged. The key dates are:
• Term 3 will continue with remote learning until the final day which is Thursday, 2nd July
• The Eid break will remain as 3 days which will be Sunday 24th to Tuesday, 26th May
The situation around the world is ever-changing and how and when schools reopen is still the subject of much discussion. At present the expectation is that schools in the UAE will reopen in August, but there is no announcement yet regarding whether there will be any changes regarding the way schools might be run at that time. It is still a little early for the authorities to be certain of what the situation regarding COVID-19 will be then.
I am pleased to be able to inform everyone that our school calendar for next academic year has been approved by ADEK this week. Although it may be a little early for people to plan, key dates to be aware of for Term 1 are:
- Term 1 will start on Sunday, 30th August
- There will be a half-term break from Sunday, 18th October to Thursday, 22nd October
- Term 1 will end on Thursday, 10th December
The full calendar for 2020-21 will be published on the school website shortly.
We are starting to see some of the social restrictions being lifted in Abu Dhabi with the partial opening of some of the malls and restaurants, a step which is hopefully a positive sign for the future. As ever though, please do remain patient, look after yourselves, your children and your wider families and please keep safe.