Dear Parents and Students
PTFA Film Nights
Many thanks to the PTFA for their efforts in organising both the Years 1-3 Film Nights and the Years 4-7 Film Nights on Monday and Tuesday last week. Between the two nights, a total of 4,926 QAR was raised. After expenses, there was a surplus of 2,775 QAR, which will be spent on our students.
We will be hosting our second annual International Fair on Thursday 15 November. There has been an excellent response to the letter asking for assistance and I look forward to seeing many of you on the event. Thank you to everybody who has either volunteered to bring food and/or help run a stand on the day. It is much appreciated.
Students and parents are asked to come dressed in their own national attire on the day. Some important information is below:
1. The event will be held in our new sporting facilities with the parade being hosted in our AstroTurf area and the countries stalls being located in the new red courts.
2. Students are asked to create a flag of their own country for home learning on an A4 sized paper.
3. Stalls will be set up from 7:10. If you are dropping off food, please leave it in the gymnasium.
4. Students will start marking their way from 9:00 AM for a 9:15 AM start to the parade.
5. The opening celebrations will finish at 9:50 and individual classes will start visiting the stalls from 9:50 AM.
6. If there is a possibility of rain, the PTFA and school will make a decision and communicate it via e-mail, text message, the school’s website and Facebook by 4:00 PM on Wednesday. If you do not here from the school, it is safe to assume the event will run.
7. Please wear flat shoes or trainers on the red soft courts, as to avoid damaging the surface.
8. Primary School parents are invited to attend classrooms to see student presentations:
9:45-10:30 Years 3,4 &5
10:45-11:30 Foundation Stage 1 & 2, Year 1, Year 2
11:15-12:00 Year 6
9. Parents are allowed to leave with their children and are requested to complete a permission slip