The British International school of Houston seeks to appoint a well-qualified and experienced Learning Support Teacher, to join the Student Support Services Team. Particular experience with children ages 3-8 years old is sought. This role involves supporting students across the Early Years(Pre-K) through Year 3(Grade 2) age range, who require short term learning interventions or those with identified learning differences. Essential to this role are excellent communication skills, flexibility and the desire to collaborate with colleagues across the Primary (Elementary) phase to deliver world class support.
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the successful candidate will demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Work as part of our teaching team to provide additional support for our school community;
- Contribute to building a positive school culture;
- Engage with colleagues, parents and students in a welcoming and professional manner;
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school in line with the school’s strategic plan;
- Work with the MAC team to continue to grow student enrolment.
As the British International School Houston is a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of premium international schools, the successful candidate will be joining an international team in which thoughts and ideas are shared around the globe. This is an exciting time to be joining Nord Anglia Education. We are the world’s leading premium schools organisation with a family of 42 schools across Asia, the Middle East, Europe and America responsible for the education of c 30,000 students.
To Apply: Online applications, should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible but no later than Friday 23rd September, the school reserves to appoint prior to this should an outstanding candidate be found.