Ensures all sections within the school have administrative support needed on a day to day basis. Email your CV and Letter of Application to Pauline McBain at Pauline.Mcbain@houston.nae.school
Engagement and Interaction
- organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Responsible for developing protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control.
- Managing and overseeing office staff and task delegation.
- Ensure high quality communication: language, tonality and structure.
- Maintain high levels of warmth and enthusiasm throughout all communications.
- Ask appropriate questions to capture required information ensuring consistent attention to detail.
- Copes well in a fast-paced environment and embraces change.
- Manages conflicting priorities to provide the delivery of required outcomes.
- Organised and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism about the organisation.
- Is aware of emotions and the impact of personal actions on others on others.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards challenges and setbacks and is open to learning from mistakes.
- Seeks and acts upon advice and feedback from mentors, line managers and others when challenging situations arise.
- Responds well to criticism and learns from it.
Operational Expertise (Job Duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Responsible for the daily operations within the admin department
- Maintain and update RIVO (online system) for both HR and H&S
- Coordinate all volunteers, including keeping accurate records
- Organize duty rotas within the department
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments where necessary
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Provide support to each section of the school including organization of events
- Oversee and understand duties performed by others in team
- Manages CHQ to ensure information is correct and billing sent timely
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Keep record of non-direct staff vacation and absence
- Provide general support to visitors
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies as and when necessary
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way
- Allocate tasks and assignments to staff and monitor their performance
- Responsible for recruiting staff for the office and providing orientation and training to new employees
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Evaluate and manage staff performance
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Coach and mentor office staff as needed
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Manage internal staff relations
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Monitors and evaluates own performance and takes appropriate action where necessary to deliver on objectives.
- Communicates ideas proactively and agreed objectives effectively to ensure delivery.
- Adapts working style and pace to changing conditions.
- Any other duties as required.
Download complete job description below.