There is no limit to what our students at The British International School of Houston can achieve. We encourage all our students to develop strong skills and values so they can thrive academically and socially. Our Be Ambitious philosophy inspires every student to challenge themselves and achieve more than they may have thought possible.
Being born in London to a Mexican father and an American mother, I have grown up with the spirit of multiculturalism central to my life, making BIS Houston a natural fit for me. I have thrived in an environment that fosters learning, creativity, and well-roundedness. While I strive to always maintain good grades, I also enjoy learning in many ways and exploring my interests in things like photography, music, Scouting, and basketball. I am also the president of the Interact service club, and a member of the Model UN club, the Student Investors club, and the Mock Trial club. I love my school, and honoured to be a recipient of the BIS Houston IB scholarship.
- Head Boy.
- Invited to a UNICEF event to speak with Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer John Moore, about issues children around the world are facing, with a focus on migration and mental health. Learn more here. (Photos: UNICEF/Chalasan)
- MUN secretary general.
- Member of the Student Investor Club.
- Member of the Model United Nations Club.
- In Year 12 Alex was selected to Share Ideas on the World Stage. As part of Nord Anglia Education’s collaboration with UNICEF, Alex was selected as a student ambassador from our NAE schools around the world to visit and represent BIS Houston in New York over the summer to demonstrate how our schools are working to meet the United Nation’s Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
- Brilliant host welcoming Mr & Mrs Hyde, British Consul General BIS Houston. “My wife Jacqueline and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the students, teachers and parents of the British International School in Houston. The UK is the biggest international investor in Texas. Many British people have made Houston their home and this wonderful school provides a vital service to the many British and other families here. BIS Houston also reflects the diversity of the UK and Houston, the most diverse city in the United States. Lovely to meet such brilliant, articulate and passionate young people.” - Consul General Richard Hyde
- Recipient of the BIS Houston IB scholarship.
- Talented photographer and more!!
Alex will be joining former BIS Houston Graduates: Jacob, Patrick, & Chase, who are all currently studying at Oxford.
Our students' develop strong ambitions and are given every opportunity to achieve exceptional academic results. Their incredible results consistently take them onto further education to some of the world’s best universities including University of Oxford, Cambridge University, Imperial College of London, King's College London, University of Chicago, University of Toronto, to name but a few.
The level of attainment at BIS Houston provides the opportunity for pathways to gain admission to the world’s elite universities and we have a distinguished track record of college placement year after year as our students achieve remarkable outcomes. Read more about our academic results here.
At BIS Houston we think beyond traditional education to transform learning and develop the world's future leaders. Read more about our IB Programme here.
You have gone above and beyond to do everything in your power to support me in my time at BIS Houston and throughout my application process. I will always be grateful for your help and the help of all the wonderful teachers at BIS Houston!
This is a dream come true.
Huge congratulations to Alex we wish him every success. This is a truly incredible achievement. We couldn't be more proud of him.
The British International School of Houston prepares your child for a lifetime of success. Alex is ready for a lifetime of success!