PTA staff and parent Quiz Night, Friday 8th February
We’d love you to join us for our annual quiz night; a chance to pit your wits against other parents and teachers. We have limited spaces left.
Organise a table of 10 or come as individuals. A great opportunity to meet new people. Tickets cost 75pln, price includes curry and soft drinks, the event is BYOB (bring your own bottle). Tickets are available now from Liz Lipsett’s office at Limanowskiego or by email to Liz directly.
Introducing our class friends – Limanowskiego
We have an extremely active group of parent volunteers who support our children’s classes at both Dabrowskiego and Limanowskiego. This week we would like to introduce you to our Limanowskiego class friends.
Your class friend:
- provides support to the class teacher, teaching assistant and the families of children in the class
- creates a welcoming, supportive environment for the class parent body
- makes contact with any new parents joining the class during the year to help them settle easily
- communicates information about PTA events and activities
- works with the student leadership team and other class friends to provide social activities for our children
- collects, and is responsible for spending, the class fund.
We invited class friends to share some of their experiences and here is what they told us..
- What motivated you to take on the role?
“I took the role as class friend because I wanted to have more contact with the other parents and with the teacher, and also because I wanted to make sure our teacher felt appreciated.”
- What’s the best thing about being a class friend?
“Doing fun things for our teacher and communicating with parents.”
“Getting to know most of the parents one way or another.”
3. What’s the one thing that would make your role as class friend easier?
“Parent’s understanding of the role and parental buy in”
4. What would you like parents in you class to know about what you do as class friend?
“I try my best to make sure our teacher gets the help and appreciation he needs and to make things in the classroom more fun.”
“It can be quite demoralising when we don’t get a response from parents, we’re all really busy and we do this as volunteers despite our existing commitments. I would encourage all parents to support their class friend as we’re doing our best for you, your children and your teaching staff.”
“Please give us permission to have your contact details and we can stay in touch.”