We all wanted to look our best and portray the best image of ourselves. This is also reflected and enacted in everyday life. We learn about this in school and in PSHE lessons we have been exploring the theme of identity and how our experiences, values and beliefs shape our identity. We have also discussed and debated how quickly our identity is judged by those around us and why. Perception is a powerful thing and the perception others have of us, our appearance, behaviour and words can have significant impact on how we are treated and how we treat others. We should always be mindful of this and we help our students remember by threading intrinsic school values through everything we do; Respect, Honesty, Community & Diversity help us project the best version of ourselves and help ensure that other people’s perceptions of us are real and accurate.
Enjoy some discussion about identity and perceptions over the weekend, it makes for lively conversation.
- 14-18 Oct: International Week
- 15th October – Tuesday, ‘Mind Your Health’ wellbeing day
- 16th October International Food Fair
- 18th October – Friday Non-uniform day for International week – come wearing colours of your national flags or national sports’ team dress
- 6th November – Academic Review Day Yrs 7-10, 12 & Pre-IB
More Secondary News:
Books in the Jar
Year 10's new skills
International Day-Dress 18 October
Year 11 Global Perspective Group
Mental Health Matters
Head of Secondary