This is an important addition to the NAE-MIT STEAM collaboration, which aims to foster a unique STEAM program for NAE students - this will help create a robost set of skills for our students to face the unknown future jobs landscape.
The festival will provide a rich intercultural learning environment, where many nationalities will come together to collaborate on a wide range of STEAM workshops and team projects. The theme of the festival is 'Medical Marvel'.
Students, including those from TBS, will take part in the 5 day event which will consist of 5 dimensions:
- The opening ceremony (6-9pm Monday 10 June) – where students will hear from a range of real life pioneers. Tickets will be available to the school community soon!
- STEAM workshops (Tuesday 11 - Wednesday 12 June). A range of experts will be delivering a diverse range of workshops that will focus on STEAM skills, STEAM technologies and knowledge needed for the main student project. we welcome a range of external experts, as well as internal. We will see Richard Fineman of MIT deliver a specialised workshop for our students, along with an American Astro Physicist and Skriware - a specialised 3D educational printing company based in Warsaw. More information about workshops will be released in later newsletters and on our social media platforms.
- Team Projects (Thursday 13 June) – Following the workshops, the students will be place into diverse STEAM and will be given a project and a problem to work.
- The showcase (Friday 14 June) and Awards Ceremony – The students will present their work and solutions to the wider community.
- The Evening program (Tuesday 11, Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 June). We also want to create social opportunities and experiences for the students, as well an enriched experiences while in Warsaw. The evening program will see students see a STEAM movie at the IMAX, attend the Science Museum and Old town and finish the week with a disco!
NAE’s mission is to create students who invent the future and create meaningful social change. The introduction of the STEAM festivals, seeks to develop those pioneers of tomorrow who will make a difference in the work.
You can follow updates on the Festival using the hashtags:
Regional Nord Anglia MIT Lead