Monday was challening for our IT team due to MS Teams global problems.
Microsoft Company opened Teams for everyone to enable anyone to work remotely and system was absolutely overloaded almost the whole Monday. So the first day of Nord Anglia Virtual Learning experience , IT were also overloaded and together with the teachers, students and parents they managed to resolve all the issues 🙂
Tuesday was better, much better!
Wendesday was quite normal, still many questions of course but "under control"....
Some statistics to share from the first 3 days (Monday-Wednesday):
- 259 emails received and sent on @it.servicedesk & sent/received on personal addresses ~120
- 46 TMV TeamViewer remote connections
- 42 Teams /shared screen/ connections
- 48 Phone calls
Lots of work was completed by IT teams including:
- Explaining and help in using MS Teams, creating meetings, joining meetings in MS Teams.
- Passwords (forgotten changed, entered incorrectly)
- Connecting the laptops to WiFi
- Apps installation on iPads
- Access files from iPad, help in configuring OneDrive on iPad and computers
- Help in using Office365 and MS Office Apps (e.g. how to record video with sound)
- Creating directories on SharePoint with special permissions,
- Help in MFA configuration when user is out of school
- Fixing some problems with the VPN and RDP connection
- Other ad hoc and difficult cases with equipment and apps :)
A very big thank you to everyone and all staff for excellent cooperation.
It's a new experience and adventure for all of us after very short time for all preparations.
Keep safe and all the best,
The IT Team