It was great to see so many students and parents interested in our IGCSE, IB and BTEC Options on Monday this week. We were showcasing our curriculum as well as exciting new developments to support students’ learning journey. Our Libuš Campus was open the whole evening and events took place throughout the campus. Students and parents attended talks and visited subject classrooms to engage with current students and teachers.
At Libuš Campus we are very keen to ensure that every student is on the best possible LEARNING JOURNEY during their time with us. The journey of learning is a life long journey of discovery and reflection, which is why we want to ensure that every student is on the right PATHWAY to achieve their aspirations.
AT PBIS we offer IGCSE and BTEC Level 2 courses for students to study as part of their Pre-IB Journey during Year 10 and Year 11. As students move into Year 12 they select subjects from either the IB Diploma Programme or the IB Careers Programme which they will then complete at the end of Year 13. By this time we are focused on ensuring that every student has a clear pathway to the next step in their journey through supportive career guidance and striving to ensure that they reach their fullest potential.
Choosing a Career can be a daunting prospect at either the end of Year 9 or Year 11. The good thing is that you don't need to worry too much about making the wrong choices or picking subjects that will mean that you can't pursue a career at a latter time in your life.
We can clearly see from the world around us that technology is playing a huge part in shaping the careers of the future and that as a result of technological advancements year on year, we believe that at PBIS we need to equip you with the skills to help you access further training in the future.
Some key things to think about when selecting your career journey:
1. Think of what you love to do and see if there is a career in this field that is of interest to you.
2. Reflect on the skills set that you have, what you're good at, and search for careers that match your talents.
3. Don't think that a job title will tell you all about a job. Often reading about the daily life in a career will make you see it from a different perspective.
4. Don't think you have to pursue a career just because others do! We want to promote trailblazers, people who will invent the jobs of the future!
5. You will most likely change your career pathway either one or more times in your career so focus on setting yourself up with a broad and balanced set of skills to help you become a life long learner.
To get you started, we have listed some example jobs that are linked to some of our Faculties at PBIS. These will give you some starting ideas but we encourage you to;
- talk with your friends and family about careers
- meet with our careers guidance team to get some advice on what careers are available
- talk with your teachers and find out what subjects and skills you are good at
No matter what, always remember that nothing is for ever and that the great thing about a journey is that you can always take a different path when one comes along!