Global Campus Showcase Event
We are delighted to invite you to our second, annual Global Showcase Event on March 8th from 17:00-18:30 in the School Gym and Theater.
The Global Campus has a broad and incredibly enriching program of different activities and events including:
- our expeditions to Switzerland and Tanzania;
- the Juilliard Performing Arts Program;
- the Massachusetts Institute of Technology STEAM curriculum (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) which we launch in September;
- the UNICEF partnership on the Global Goals for Sustainable Development, which, just this year, has seen our students meet with both Michal Mylnar, Slovak Ambassador to the UN, and Miroslav Lajcak, the President of the United Nations General Assembly and Slovak Finance Minister; attend conferences in both New York and Bulgaria this year, and develop in-school projects linked to the Global Goals!
- Photography, Visual Arts and Creative Writing competitions
- Global Libarary
- Sports Challenge .. and more!
You are more than welcome to join us to celebrate the achievements of our students this year, and learn more about the incredible opportunities available through our unique Global Campus.
Whether your child is in Primary or Secondary, it can be a challenge these days as a parent to keep kids active and fit, especially with all the distractions caused by technology. If you are looking for some ideas for fun activities to do as the weather improves and you enjoy the Half Term holiday, log onto the Sports Challenge area of our Global Campus and take part in the Sports Challenge.
Looking for a good book for your child to enjoy if the weather is bad, or you are at the airport this holiday? Looking for something for them to do that will get them to put down the tablet or smart phone for a while? Check out a book from our Global Library, and enjoy a great read from internationally acclaimed authors. See our Librarians for advice on what your child may enjoy reading!
Visual Arts Competition!
Our Visual Arts Competition has launched. Art can be sculpture, photography, charcoal, painting, model making…. For more information log onto the Global Campus and read the stimulus material from our Creative Writing Short Story winners – and get creative this holiday!