Dear Parents and Students,
I would like to extend a warm welcome to all our students and families who are returning to BISB for the new academic year 2021/22. A very special welcome to all staff, students, and families who are joining us for the first time, and we hope that your relocation in these unusual COVID_19 times has not been a stressful one.
It is a privilege and a honour to lead The British International School Bratislava and to be a part of such a dynamic and diverse community. BISB is an exciting and vibrant school which has something to offer to every child and every family.
I truly believe we are an International school where young people from all around the world come together to find a special place where they belong at BISB. The school takes centre stage in the heart of the community. Our family feel and nurturing environment ensures that everyone is valued and feels a sense of belonging and pride. Success can be achieved in a variety of ways and whilst academic success is valued highly, it is also our belief that the all-round development of every child is equally important.
We end the academic year in June 2021 in a strong position with almost 740 students.
Our IB results this year were the best in the school's history with an average of 37.41 and with 44% of our students scoring +40 points and 2 of these students achieving the maximum 45 points. We look forward to excellent results at IGCSE in early August. We have also seen the excellent progress our Primary students are making in Reading, Writing and in Mathematics.
Let us rise to this healthy challenge ensuring that we sustain the high levels of expectation and the healthy work ethos needed to be outstanding in all that we do.
I hope you can all get a better sense of why, here at BISB, we are so excited about the coming year 2021/22.
As a school we are always seeking to improve, never satisfied with where we are but always striving to be better to ensure our students and staff can be the best that they can be.
Our students' families are an important part of our school and I hope that as many of you as possible will take the opportunity to become involved in school life.
We look forward to seeing you.
With every best wish for a great year ahead.
What's new in the school year 2021/22:
- Year 11 students will be taking their iPads from Year 10 so we are expanding the iPad 1:1 program to Year 11.
- The Physical Education Changing rooms have been remodelled over the summer to give brighter and fresher student changing spaces.
- Expanding of Year 5 into 4 classes in this year group due to exceptional growth.
- Oaks and Willows replacement of neon light sources to LED with a significant energy saving (the longevity of the LED light is 30,000 hours versus 4,000 hours of regular neon light).
- New hallway designs for Oaks and Willows campuses.
- Oaks 1 playground swing and fencing repair.
- Maples sidewalk repair.
Coming later during the academic year 2021/22
- New external security fencing at OAKS campus
- New classroom furniture for both Primary and Secondary classrooms
As every year, we do regular maintenance jobs during the summer holiday, we have painted all of Willows Campus, the majority of Primary classrooms at OAKS, as well as some Secondary classrooms. The Science corridor at the OAKS has been repainted and has been brought up to date with the new Nord Anglia branding. In addition to these we did grounds maintenance jobs at all three campuses.