The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the world’s leading youth achievement award, operating in over 140 countries and territories around the globe.
The Award is available to all young people aged 14 – 24. It is voluntary, non-competitive, enjoyable and balanced, while requiring sustained effort over time.
The Award offers our students:
- excellent preparation for IB and University.
- problem solving ability.
- a great addition to a new school, university or job application.
- an important part of social and personal development.
- a sense of achievement.
- contribution to society.
- opportunity to learn new skills e.g. cooking.
- physical activity encouragement
- team working skills and leadership.
- a fun opportunity to meet and mix with new and different people.
The Award is comprised of three levels and four sections. Participants complete all four sections at each level in order to achieve their Award. At Gold level, participants also complete a Residential Project.
For more information about the Award please click here.