What can you expect?
Every Virtual Primary School day is an engaging one that brings to life every aspect of your child’s curriculum with plenty of opportunities to interact with their teachers and classmates.
Our Virtual School will inspire your child with innovative lessons, unique learning opportunities and high-quality teaching as part of our blended learning approach.
The intention is to keep things as normal as possible, to enable students to make progress with their learning.
Through our Virtual School Experience your child will:
- Participate in real-time lessons through a safe and secure platform
- Enjoy a balance of online and offline learning taught by world-class teachers
- Receive high-quality, interactive assignments and regular personalised feedback
- Complete tasks and activities with their classmates
- Develop essential skills and nurture curiosity through independent learning
- Receive regular updates from your child’s teachers on their progress and achievements
- Participate in a range of activities with students from all over the world through our Global Campus
- Partake in a wide range of virtual Extra-Curricular Activities
- Enjoy exclusive learning experiences created by our partners at The Juilliard School and MIT
What does a Primary Virtual School day look like?
The main platforms used are Seesaw and Microsoft Teams. Teachers provide a mixture of video-recorded lessons, activities and resources. In addition, teachers schedule daily live video conferences where the class can meet online to talk to the teacher.
Learning covers a range of subjects throughout the week with the class teacher, as well as specialist lessons in PE, Music, Arabic and French. The provision is further enhanced with termly awards, theme days and virtual play dates for younger students.
As parents, you are involved in your child’s wellbeing and progress through reports, parent consultation meetings, and parent questionnaires.
Here is a sample weekly timetable in Year 2:
Take a look at our Virtual School Experience…