What can you expect?
Every Virtual Secondary School day is an engaging one that brings to life every aspect of your child’s curriculum with plenty of opportunities to interact with their teachers and classmates.
Our Virtual School will inspire your child with innovative lessons, unique learning opportunities and high-quality teaching as part of our blended learning approach.
Through the Virtual School Experience your child will:
- Participate in live, real-time lessons through a safe and secure platform
- Enjoy a balance of online and offline learning taught by world-class teachers
- Receive high-quality, interactive assignments and regular personalised feedback
- Complete tasks and activities with their classmates
- Develop essential skills and nurture curiosity through independent learning
- Receive regular updates from your child’s teachers on their progress and achievements
- Partake in a wide range of virtual Extra-Curricular activities
- Access a remote library stocked with reading and learning support
- Engage in a 'PE Project’ to maintain fitness in these times of relative inactivity
- Participate in a range of activities with students from all over the world through our Global Campus
- Enjoy exclusive learning experiences created by our partners at The Juilliard School and MIT
What does a Secondary Virtual School day look like?
Our learning approach caters for all students by being flexible and personalised. Lessons are varied and aim to generate excitement about learning.
Through our blend of connected time and guided time, along with the BIS Abu Dhabi Diploma, we offer a balanced approach that enables teachers to focus on developing each individual student to ensure they reach their potential:
The main platform used is Microsoft Teams. Live sessions with subject specialists enable for the relationship between the teacher and the student to be nurtured, as well as maintaining contact with friends in their classes. There is also self-directed time for students to review material. The provision is further enhanced with regular awards, challenges and collaborative projects.
As parents, you are involved in your child’s wellbeing and progress through reports, parent consultation meetings, and parent questionnaires.
Here is an example Year 9 weekly timetable:
Take a look at our Virtual School Experience…