Dear Parents and Students
Qatar National Day
We are busy finalising preparations for Qatar National Day, which we will be celebrating next Monday. All parents in the NAISAK community are invited to attend. Thank you in advance to those parents who are planning to bring in food for the event. Please note Ms Sana’s letter, which is also attached to this newsletter. I am pleased to report that the entire Arabic department has been involved in arranging what promises to be our biggest and best Qatar National Day celebrations to date. In terms of logistics, please note the following:
- Celebrations will begin at 08:20 in the AstroTurfcourts.
- There will be a combination of Arabic and English presentations taking place.
- Students will begin visiting the courtyard from 09:15, starting with Secondary School students.
- Specialist lessons will not take place in the Primary School.
- Should students choose to bring in falcons, the birds will not be allowed in lessons, which start from 09:15. Therefore, students will need to arrange to have them returned home with a driver after the opening celebrations.
In the lead-up to Qatar National Day, NAISAK is providing everybody with a complimentary soft-copy of the 2017 18 yearbook. Should you wish to purchase a hard copy, please see the cashier and pay him 80 QAR per copy no later than Thursday 20 December. A link that is limited to the NAISAK community will be sent home via a separate e-mail where you can view the soft copy of the yearbook.
Our facilities are continuing to progress as expected. I have regular meetings with the construction team, consultant’s Project Manager and our own Nord Anglia Project Manager to review progress, as we are aiming for an end of May completion. You can see from the pictures below that the foundation of the Secondary School, swimming pool and changing rooms are well and truly taking shape.
Parent Satisfaction Survey
Thank you to those parents who have already completed the parent satisfaction survey. If you have not yet completed the survey, we would greatly appreciate if you could provide us with feedback on both our strengths and areas for improvement.
In the last two years, the areas of biggest concern were the facilities, which we are addressing through our new Astro-turf courts and wet pour courts, not to mention the new buildings that are being constructed.
Please find access to a link to complete the survey here.