The British International School Houston is looking to appoint an experienced English (EAL/ESL) Language Teacher to join our Student Support Services Team. This role will involve working with Primary aged students, from our Early Years (Pre-K) department through to Year 6 (Grade 5). At least two years’ experience of ESL/EAL teaching is desirable, plus a Bachelor’s degree and CELTA/TEFL qualification are a must.
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the successful candidate will demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Work as part of our teaching team to provide additional support for our school community;
- Contribute to building a positive school culture;
- Engage with colleagues, parents and students in a welcoming and professional manner;
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school in line with the school’s strategic plan;
- Work with the MAC team to continue to grow student enrolment.
As the British International School Houston is a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of premium international schools, the successful candidate will be joining an international team in which thoughts and ideas are shared around the globe. This is an exciting time to be joining Nord Anglia Education. We are the world’s leading premium schools organisation with a family of 42 schools across Asia, the Middle East, Europe and America responsible for the education of c 30,000 students.
To Apply: Online applications should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible but no later than Friday 23rd September, the school reserves to appoint prior to this should an outstanding candidate be found.