Join our dedicated team and gain access to a world of opportunity.
Start Date: August 2017
The British International School Houston is looking to appoint an outstanding teacher to inspire, challenge and support our students and staff as they work across the school releasing our leaders so that they can complete their leadership responsibilities.
We are a successful, growing school with a highly committed and motivated team of teaching professionals at its heart. Our close knit and supportive team is proud of our school and community, educating 920 young people of 57 nationalities. Our results at IGCSE and IB are consistently outstanding.
We recently moved in to our incredible new campus, designed and built completely around learners and learning. We offers teachers the exciting opportunity to use all learning spaces flexibly around the needs of each learner.
As our school moves into the exciting next phase of our growth, we are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who has the flexibility and organisational skills to be able to work across our Primary age range.
As a qualified teaching professional you will be able to demonstrate a commitment to a modern, inquiry-based, student-centred approach to education that inspires and engages students. You will have experience of using technology in your classroom to enhance and transform personalised learning.
To deliver our high standard of educational excellence, the successful applicant will be:
- Experienced in the British National Curriculum, IPC/ PYP and international education,
- Confident in their oral and written communication with staff, students and parents,
- Well organised; managing their workload to create wonderful learning opportunities, track progress and report on achievements of students to colleagues and parents.
- Share a good sense of humour, contributing to a positive and supportive team culture.
- Active participants in all aspects of school life within and beyond the classroom.
- Resilient and flexibility; able to move from year group to year group adding considerable value in a variety of classes within the Primary age range.
- Autonomous and self-starting, able to problem solve and think on their feet.
- Passionate about learning and young people.
In addition to being highly successful in its own right, British International School Houston is a member of Nord Anglia Education. This means you will join an international, networked team where ideas, learning and best practice are shared around the globe via the Global Classroom, Nord Anglia University.
In return for your passion in delivering a quality education, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Nord Anglia Education is an equal opportunities employer and observes and respects the laws, customs and cultures of the countries in which it operates.
If you would like to be a part of our school community, and have the right blend of experience, creativity, organisation and passion, along with a vision for 21st century education, then we would like to hear from you.
Online applications should include a letter of application, CV and details of at least two professional references.