We are extremely excited to announce the outstanding and impressive results of our 2021 International Baccalaureate (IBDP & IBCP) graduating class at BIS Houston. Our Class of 2021 impressively achieved one of our school’s strongest results with an IBDP average score of 37 points, 4 points higher than this year’s IBDP global average of 33.
2021 IB Results Highlights
Our 2021 IB results showcase a number of impressive statistics for this cohort, both individually and collectively:
- Our students’ average score in the IB Diploma was 37, 12% higher than the 2021 world average of 33 points.
- 27% of students achieved 40 points or more, a result achieved by just 9% of IBDP graduates worldwide this year. This level of attainment provides our students with the opportunity to gain admission into elite universities across the globe and, along with our outstanding overall pass rate, demonstrates how BIS Houston supports every student in achieving exceptional academic results.
- Two students attained the maximum 45 points, in addition to two students attaining 44 points; putting these four students in the top 2% of all IBDP students globally.
- Nearly 80% of our students scored on or above the worldwide average.
- 7 of our students obtained a bilingual diploma, which requires literature qualifications in two languages and acquisition of an additional language, giving them a significant advantage when choosing universities and entering employment around the world.
- 98% IBDP pass rate, compared to the world average of 89% in 2021.
- An impressive 100% IBCP pass rate.
We have long been proud of our students for consistently scoring considerably higher than the global average year over year. Despite another challenging year for students, our continued impressive academic success is a testament to the dedication, resilience and hard work of our students through the rigorous programme of education they pursue at BIS Houston. I also would like to take this moment to recognise the teachers who have not only provided significant care for all our students but have also gone above and beyond to support our students in their achievements.
We continue to see our IB graduates gain access to some of the world’s top universities both within the United States and across the globe. Our students consistently receive multiple offers from prestigious academic institutions and top universities around the world, and this year is no exception, including Oxford University, King's College London and University of California, Berkeley. The class of 2021 has also received over $1.65 million in scholarships.
All of us here at BIS Houston would like to congratulate our graduating seniors. Our students have put in an incredible amount of hard work over the years, and we can’t wait to see what they do in the future. A huge congratulations to our class of 2021.
About the IB Diploma Programme
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a two-year pre-university course for students aged 16-18. Universities worldwide respect the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) (IB) Programme as a challenging and desirable qualification and look for this credential on transcripts. IBDP provides a global education passport, equipping them to study anywhere in the world. This demanding course offers our students the opportunity to go above and beyond in their education.