"Once again BIS students have achieved exemplary IBDP results and the entire BIS community can share in the pride that I feel in these results. They are the result of a thirst for success and a celebration of achievement that has become an embedded element of BIS culture.” Tim Deyes, Principal BIS HCMC.
A full IB Diploma is awarded for a student who scores 24 points or more up to a maximum of 45 points. Approximately 1 in 500 candidates worldwide score the maximum 45 points each year. Each student studies six subjects and can achieve up to a maximum of 7 points in each subject.
We are proud to celebrate another outstanding year of International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme results. Our average score of 37 points was significantly above the 2016 world average of 30.07 points. This is our ninth cohort of Sixth Form students and our average score continues to benchmark higher than world average year-on-year, which serves to highlight the excellent academic standards of our school and the calibre of our students in comparison to other international schools in Vietnam and indeed globally.
Our 2016 IBDP results showcase a number of impressive statistics for our cohort, both as a group and also on an individual level.
- 43% of our students achieved 40 points or more, placing them in the top 6.7% in the world. This is the level of attainment required to gain entry to the world’s elite universities, such as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard and Stamford.
- One of our students achieved a perfect score of 45 points. Only 145 out of 150,000 students achieved this remarkable score.
- A second student achieved a highly commendable 44 points.
- Our average score of 37.2 points was significantly above the 2016 world average of 30.07 points.
- BIS HCMC students passed the IBDP with an average grade of 5.9 per subject compared to the average global grade of 4.70.
The BIS HCMC average score of 37 points compares extremely favourably with British GCE A Levels, representing over 545 UCAS points equivalent to 3 A* and 1 A grade at A Level. Well over half of our students exceeded this. These impressive results give our students access to the very best universities worldwide, including prestigious Ivy League colleges in the United States and Russell Group universities in the United Kingdom.
This academic success is a testament to the commitment and hard work of our students who set high their own individual standards; our dedicated teaching staff who are the backbone to the academic standards and inspire our students to be the best that they can be; our parents who provide unwavering support to the growth of the school, all this in conjunction with a challenging and highly respected curriculum and the availability of first class facilities ensure that the educational opportunities on offer at BIS HCMC are amongst the best in the world.
“Independent research confirms that the IB improves students’ academic achievement, as well as their probability of high school graduation and college enrolment, and it is clear that our students are better prepared to succeed in post-secondary settings”. Dr Siva Kumari, IB Director General.
Results in Full