Our IBDP results in 2023
At the British International School Ho Chi Minh City, we believe there's no limit to what your child can achieve. Our students’ outstanding results in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) place them among the very best worldwide.
In 2022/23, our second largest cohort ever with 107 students have surpassed all IBDP global averages! With a truly impressive average point score of 36.7, our graduates achieved significantly higher than the global average of 30.2 points. Once again this result is an incredible 6 points above the world average, which has been the case for several years reflecting the consistency in quality across all of our disciplines.
1 in 3 BIS HCMC students (37.4%) achieved an outstanding 40 points or more, an astonishing achievement given the UK average is 15.9%. This year, 3 of our students achieved a perfect score of 45, falling in the top 1% worldwide, and 8 of them achieved a near perfect score of 43 or 44.
IBDP results highlights
- Top Score Achieved: 45 points by 3 students
- Near Perfect Score achieved: 43 or 44 points by 8 students
- Average IB Diploma Points Score: 36.7 points (world average: 30.2 points)
- Students achieving 40 points and above: 37.4% (UK average: 15.9%)
- Average Subject Score: 5.73 (world average: 4.8)
- Students awarded the full IB Diploma: 98.1% (Global average: 79.4%)
- Students Awarded the Bilingual diploma: 13.1%