Dear Parents and Alumni,
We will hold a number of events regarding career support, advice and guidance throughout this academic year. One of the vital parts of the programme is building our network of professionals from our school community who will support our students by doing one of the following:
- representing your job or career path during our Careers Fair on Thursday 13th December
- taking part in the “Meet the Professional” programme as a guest speaker for a group of interested students on a chosen afternoon throughout the year
- offering open days/visits to your company
- offering or recommending work experience opportunities.
Last year saw the beginning of our closer professional cooperation with parents and alumni, which allowed us to welcome a number of guest speakers throughout the year, organise a Careers Day in March and lead several career-related trips to the US Embassy, Frontex and the Parliament of Poland.
The insight you will bring can greatly enhance, personalise and support the important decision-making process for our students. It can also be a fantastic opportunity to develop a business network of professionals within our community.
Careers Fair on Thursday 13th December
The Fair will take place in the blue gym at the Limanowskiego campus. Representatives of a wide range of careers will be available at their tables to students for 2.5 hours from 2pm to 4:30pm. No presentation is required as the Fair will be based on individual consultations between the guest speakers and interested students from various age groups. If possible, please bring typical resources used in your job (photos, equipment, samples of work) to display on your table. “Student Ambassadors” will be assigned to each guest speaker to offer assistance.
Students will ask you questions related to your career, for example:
- When did you decide on your current career?
- Has your career path been relatively stable or have you had a few different career experiences?
- What did you study at University and where?
- What were your GCSE and IB / high school subjects?
- What does a typical day in your job look like?
- What do you enjoy the most in your job and what do you find the most challenging?
- Are there opportunities for work experience?
To volunteer for the Careers Fair, please fill in Careers Fair registration form.
“Meet the Professional” events
If you are unable to join our Careers Fair, we invite you to lead a brief session at our school about your career path for interested Secondary School students. The meetings will typically take place on Fridays at lunch break (1:30-2:20pm) in one of the IB classrooms but can be arranged at whatever time suits you, preferably at lunchtime (1:30pm) or after school (4:00pm).
To register, please fill in Meet the Professional registration form.
Open days / visits to your company
We are looking for institutions willing to welcome a group of interested students for a tour around the workplace and a meeting with the employees.
Further details are in Career visit form.
To begin cooperation between your company and The British School in the form of supervised work experience for selected students, please email Miss Diana Szyperska.
Thank you very much for your cooperation and for supporting our student’s professional development. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Careers and Work Experience Co-ordinator