*** Late applications are being accepted for Piano and Dance... Voice is now full ***
Juilliard artist faculty will lead young artists in a 2-day workshop for students ages 12-18. In our virtual studios, students will build on their skills and artistry in dance, piano or voice through personal instruction in individual and group settings.
Classes will be taught synchronously.
Applications open: December 1, 2020
Application Deadline: January 8, 2021
Apply early! Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and space is extremely limited.
Students will be required to submit a brief application, artist statement and audition video. See audition criteria in the application instructions at the link above.
- Dates: January 30-31, 2021
- Ages: 12-18
- Disciplines: Dance, Piano, Voice
- Application Fee: 50 CHF (approx. $55 USD)
- Programme Fee: 500 CHF (approx. $548 USD)
- All instruction will take place virtually via Zoom
Students will work with Juilliard artist faculty in private lessons or coachings, group masterclasses, creative workshops and topical seminars, focused on the professional industry. The programming will feature a mix of skills-based and creative studies to help students develop their full artistic range. Workshops will be offered in dance, piano and voice.
Students will explore creative development through improvisation, choreography, and performance technique in a positive, inspiring virtual environment. Led by Laura Careless (Juilliard alumna), this course is appropriate for a wide range of technical levels and home spaces.
Dance Workshop Features:
- 30-minute private coaching
- Technique classes in ballet or modern
- Group seminar on Choreographers of Today
- Choreography project developing both creative and technical skills
Under the direction of Vivian Chang (Juilliard alumna), this programme is designed for pianists who aim to develop their artistry, build confidence in performing, and engage artistically with other young musicians. Students will receive personalized instruction through the study of in-progress repertoire to help students develop technique and expression.
Piano Workshop Features:
- 30-minute private lesson
- Studio and master classes
- Group seminars covering various topics such as practice techniques, performance anxiety, memorization, and body awareness
This programme will challenge students to grow as a complete singer under the direction of mezzo-soprano Rachel Calloway (Juilliard alumna). Students will enhance their vocal technique and dramatic expression through focus on healthy tone production and musicianship. Student-selected repertoire in classical or theatrical style will be explored alongside peers and faculty.
Voice Workshop Features:
- 30-minute private lesson
- Group seminars covering various topics such as breathing, theory, diction, how to practice, and Alexander Technique