I have Master`s degree in School and Developmental Psychology and additional training in this area. I have extensive experience as a psychologist and counsellor in a variety of school settings and have worked with children from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and abilities.
As a school counselor, I work closely with teachers, parents and students to help create a safe, healthy, and supportive learning environment for all students. I can offer many services including:
- Individual consultations with students, parents and teachers.
- Initial assessment of student needs.
- Group counseling.
- Activities to promote wellbeing and coping strategies.
- Crisis intervention.
- Referrals to external therapists/assessment.
Students may self-refer or be referred to the counselor by teacher, staff or parents. Confidentiality is always respected. Some reasons to contact me can be:
- Academic concerns.
- Divorce, separation, and family changes.
- Educational and career planning.
- Experiencing loss, death, and grief.
- Peer relationship issues.
- Problem solving skills.
- School adjustment issues.
- Stress reduction and coping skills.
- Study skills.
If you have concerns about your child`s learning, behavioral, emotional or social needs please feel free to contact me anytime or stop by, in order that we can meet personally. I can be reached by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +421 (2) 6930 7081.
When working with pupils, I believe in a positive approach based on trust and empathy. I believe that every child is unique and deserves individual care.
I am excited to be here as a part of BISB and I look forward to getting to know you and your children.