Your support is vital to the success of our school. You can get involved in a number of ways - our own community is your extended family.
At BISB, you are welcome to join Parent Teacher Association which is a very active and dedicated group of parents volunteering their time to integrate our school's community.
Get involved in Primary
- Attend one of our many Parent Workshops to find more about how we teach, support and assess your child’s learning
- Suggest a topic/area as the focus of a Parent Workshop
- Come along and share your concerns and views at our termly Parent Forum with the BISB’s management team
- Become a guest speaker and share your knowledge and skills
- Be a class reader
- Be a class activity helper
- Come in and run a cultural workshop (cooking, dancing, music, arts and crafts)
- Come in and read a story
- Volunteer as a parent helper for educational visits
- Be a parent helper on swimming days
- Volunteer as a parent helper to help make displays and educational materials
- Get dressed up on one of our themed days – International Day, Book Day
- Help make props or costumes for assemblies or productions
Please email Sue.Warmington@bisb.sk in order to find out more.
Get involved in Secondary
- Attend information evenings
- Welcome new families
- Attend the termly Parent/Management Forum
- Organise social events
- Participate in International Day and other events organized by school or the Parent’s Association
- Help with charity fund raising
- Offer a talk on an area of expertise
- Supervise an IB CAS activity
- Run an after school club
Please email Mark.Hatherell@bisb.sk in order to find out more.
Forming connections with the local community
We always try to give back to the local community since we value we are a part of it.
We support many community service initiatives throughout the year including but not limited to:
- Environmental project (Eco School Project)
- Educational project (teaching the teachers at local kindegartens about the methods we use)
- Christmas donations to children in hospitals, orphanages
- Second Hand sales
BISB Toddlers Group
Come along with your toddler and engage with your child in the world of books, music and rhymes. Plus, meet new friends (mum and toddler) and play and chat over a drink and snack.
More information here
English lessons for parents
Every year the BISB offers free English lessons for parents. The number and level of groups are decided on an annual basis depending on how many parents sign up and their levels of English. The lessons are usually held at school, but this year due to COVID-19 measures, the lessons are run virtually on ZOOM. For more information contact the English teacher Mr Eastwood at email@example.com.