The British International School Bratislava is located on two campuses in Dúbravka, a leafy suburb of Bratislava.
Nursery and Reception is located in Willows at Dolinskeho street. Year 1 and 2 are located in Maples at Pekníkova 4. Primary and Secondary (Years 3-13) in Oaks at Pekníkova 6. Dolinskeho and Pekníkova are a 5-minute walk from each other.
Our students enjoy the benefits of a range of facilities:
- Younger students in our Primary School enjoy the following facilities:
- Large, light and airy classrooms with room for play as well as formal learning
- Primary library
- ICT room
- Primary Kitchen
- STEAM room
- Older students at our Secondary School learn in subject-dedicated classrooms. Those facilities include:
- 6 modern, well-equipped Science labs
- 1 special ICT room with film technology
- The large library is a fabulous space with dedicated areas for IB students and a suite of computers for research, alongside shelves of books and periodicals
- Modern and functional music rooms
- Social area for our students
- 2 bubble gyms in winter
- New all-weather sporting surface
- A dance studio
- Basketball courts
- A 200-meter athletics track
- A half-size Astroturf football pitch
- A 1.296 m2 outdoor field providing a wide range of sporting opportunities including football, basketball, tennis or badminton.
- Playgrounds for the younger children are provided with high quality and stimulating play equipment
- Multipurpose hall/theatre
During the Summer Holiday 2019, we replaced old panels around the astroturf football pitch.
Playgrounds Oaks 1 and Oaks 2 have been revitalized with EPDM sports safety surface which greatly enhanced the appearance and safety of exteriors playgrounds for students.
The footpath outside of PE has been completely reconstructed with new blocks, has been extended to the end of Big Bubble sports ground to provide safe and convenient access to the playground. Also, the chess play area and 2 outdoor table tennis sets have been added to support a variety of activities for our students during the breaks outside.
The new car park has been built to improve parking amenities for parents visiting our premises on Pod Zahradami street, just opposite the Bus Car Park entrance with parking hours from 7:30 until 16:00. On Oaks 2 playgrounds our Primary students recently received a new big sandpit to have some creative way to spend breaks outside.