We pride ourselves on delivering academic excellence by offering the finest curricula that the Swiss, French and British international education systems have to offer, taught by inspiring and highly experienced teachers.
As part of Nord Anglia Education we are supported by a global network of world leading teaching professionals and education experts with whom we collaborate to ensure the highest levels of education are provided for your child.
Academic excellence runs throughout the Nord Anglia Education family of international schools:
- 9 out of 10 Nord Anglia Education students go on to university;
- 1 in 5 Nord Anglia Education students goes on to attend one of the top 30 universities in the world;
- Twice as many Nord Anglia Education students sitting the IB Diploma score 40 or higher (out of a maximum score of 45) than the global average.
Extensive heritage and reputation for excellence in education
We have a century-long history placing us among some of the finest Swiss private schools. As we have grown and developed we have been able to expand our offer of education programmes and extra-curricular activities.
Our foundation initially as a Catholic private school has instilled within us a strong system of values and respect, a culture than remains strong, sets us apart from many other local private schools, and prepares our students well for their future career and social development.
A private Swiss school with an international outlook
We are a local Swiss school with a strong international outlook. We have a bilingual French / English programme which helps our students develop strength and confidence in their language skills to help them progress in life. We also focus on the teaching of German offering two levels advanced and standard German
Our private school has the charm and academic rigour to be expected of a private school in Switzerland, delivering academic excellence within a spectacular setting on the banks of Lake Geneva.
As part of Nord Anglia Education, our students collaborate and develop connections and friendships with other students from other Nord Anglia Education international schools around the world. This takes place through the Global Campus initiative which connects Nord Anglia Education international schools all over the world.
Our approach to education
We believe in opportunity, choice and the need to deliver a holistic approach to the private education of children of all ages.
Our students have the choice of three highly regarded curricula:
- The Swiss Maturité
- The French Baccalaureate
- The International Baccalaureate (IB Diploma)
Each programme is distinct and offers individual approaches to formal learning. Here, we supplement the formal curricula with experiences designed to develop enhanced skills and knowledge. Examples of this include:
- Extracurricular activities;
- Sports and outdoor experiences, taking full advantage of our location near the Alps and Lake Geneva;
- Global Campus activities and initiatives for 21st century digital learning, developing collaboration, networking and leadership skills.
Family-like Swiss boarding school
We offer a private day school and a private boarding school. The private boarding school offers a home for up to 80 girls and boys. Our smaller size boarding school sets us apart from other Swiss boarding schools in the country. Here we are small enough to develop a strong family-feel amongst our boarders and ensure that our network of resident staff and tutors get to know and care for each and every student individually.
With our stunning location, our boarders have the opportunity to participate in exciting outdoor and cultural activities during the weekends and evenings. With our students we regularly venture out onto the Lake, into the Alps on bikes, skis and by foot, and into local neighbourhoods in Switzerland and abroad.
Expert and dedicated staff
Our teachers are not only academically excellent and highly qualified, but they also must have an enthusiasm for education and an ability to inspire young people in order to join our prestigious teaching team. Typically we seek teaching staff who:
- Have excellent teaching experience;
- Have a postgraduate qualification (often a Masters degree) and subject expertise;
- Staff are particularly aware of diversity and cultural difference;
- Speak French and/or English fluently;
- Come highly recommended by others, with impeccable references.