Our UK registered and qualified Speech and Language Therapist supports students with communication difficulties. This includes students who have receptive language difficulties (difficulty with understanding what others are saying) and expressive language difficulties (difficulty expressing themselves clearly using spoken language).
A Speech and Language Therapist can support students with:
- Developing the range of spoken words a student can use and increasing length of utterance.
- Developing spoken grammar skills to an age appropriate level.
Receptive Language Skills
- Develop understanding of the language used in the classroom and at home.
- Increase the difficulty and complexity of language a student can understand.
- Develop auditory memory and processing skills (the ability to listen to, interpret and recall spoken information).
A Speech and Language Therapist also helps students with
- Social interaction (how we communicate) and social communication skills (why we communicate). This is often a particular difficulty for students with Autism Spectrum Condition. A Speech and Language Therapist can help students to communicate in clearer and less challenging ways.
- Students with attention and listening difficulties where these are a barrier to effective communication and learning.
- Dysfluent speech (also known as stammering/stuttering).
- Students with unclear speech
- Phonological awareness skills (fundamental pre-literacy skills).
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) e.g. Makaton, PECs (Picture Exchange Communication System).
Speech and Language Therapy Service
40 minute sessions are available from Monday to Thursday at 3:45pm and 4:30pm
Initial consultation 3,000THB
Our Speech and Language Therapist will discuss with you your child’s needs and then recommend either a full assessment or partial assessment.
Full assessment 26,000THB - for those new to speech and language therapy or those needing an updated assessment.
Partial assessment 10,000THB - for clients with an existing speech and language therapy report.
Speech and language therapy sessions are 2,500THB each and are offered in blocks of 6 or 12.
- 6 sessions 13,500THB (saving of 1,500THB)
- 12 sessions 24,000THB (saving of 6,000THB)
A review will be made at the end of the 6 or 12 sessions to monitor progress, discuss next steps and make recommendations. (All payments must be made in advance).
To book your initial consultation please contact SALT@regents-pattaya.co.th.