Welcome to The British School of Tashkent, your child’s 'home away from home'. We would like to invite all parents, teachers and friends to join our PTFA and attend our meetings.
The British School of Tashkent's Parent, Teacher and Friends Association (PTFA) is an integral part of school life and aims to:
- Facilitate communications and serve as a bridge between parents, friends, staff, the Principal and the BST community.
- Establish closer relationships between the home and school, so that parents, friends and teachers may work together in providing students with the best advantages in physical, mental and social education. 'Friends' has been inserted into the PTFA as we strongly feel schools do not operate in isolation; we are a part of the wider local community and need to bring in different views from business, society and the charitable sector.
We plan is to have monthly PTFA General Membership meetings during the 2021/2022 Academic Year. Dates for these meetings will be communicated well in advance and will be held on Thursday evenings, so parents who work may also attend.
Not only does the PTFA help support the school, it also serves as a valuable resource for new parents to our school. Quite often new parents look to the PTFA to help them become acquainted with other parents and the local area.
All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend PTFA meetings. Any involvement, no matter how big or small, is embraced and appreciated.
The main purpose of BST’s PTFA will be to:
- Serve as a bridge between parents, friends, staff and the BST community.
- Facilitate communication between parents, friends, staff and the Principal.
- Welcome new families.
- Provide structure and leadership to our school community.
- Promote the welfare of our students within the home, school and community.
- Engage in activities or provide facilities or equipment which support BST and advance the education of the pupils.
- Sponsor programs of interest to the students, parents, friends and teachers of BST that continue to develop the school.
- Help with securing adequate child protection and safeguarding laws for the care and protection of all our students.
- Establish closer relationships between the home and school so that parents, friends and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of all our students.
- Develop united efforts between teachers, friends and parents to ensure all students are given the highest advantage in physical, mental and social education.