The questionnaire was part of our commitment to review constantly the education that we provide to ensure it is as good as it possibly can be for your children. To ensure confidentiality, the analysis of the questionnaires was completed by a UK company who have now returned the results to the school.
Overall Level of Satisfaction with the School
I am delighted to inform you that the overall satisfaction level of BVIS parents was very good (99%).
Strengths – those areas of school life commended by more than 90% of the parents
The areas that parents were most satisfied with were as follows:
- High quality education and quality of progress;
- Happiness of child, safety at school and a healthy lifestyle;
- Excellent learning environment;
- The breadth of opportunities in and outside class;
- The breadth of opportunities off site;
- Student motivation;
- Relationships between children and teachers;
- Respect of teachers for children;
- Relationships between teachers and parents;
- Development of key social skills: confidence, independence, manners, strong moral values;
- School facilities and resources;
- Communication between school and parents.
Areas for Improvement
The areas that parents felt were most in need of improvement were:
- Levels of homework;
- Vietnamese; quantity and quality of assessment;
- Deeper understanding of global citizenship with a Vietnamese perspective;
- School meals.
I am grateful to those parents who found the time to complete the questionnaire. The areas for improvement will be included in the next school development plan.
Mr Mark Sayer – Principal of BVIS Hanoi – Royal City Campus