School’s out for Summer…that is, just for the students! As parents will see from the short articles attached here, highlighting events from the past week alone, we are finishing well: celebrating the success of all, showcasing artistic and creative talents through theatrical performance and artistic endeavour.
But we are also focusing forward. This summer, the school will be an extremely busy place. Not only will the excellent and long-running Summer School be taking place in the Primary Campus but we have a full schedule of works ad facilities development for the summer break. As part of a phased development plan, below are just some of the key areas where we are making additions in the coming months:
- Development of a new centre for Performing Arts, incorporating Dance, Drama and Music;
- Early Years’ outdoor play area and interior space;
- New Medical Centre;
- Enhanced air quality provision;
- First phase development of Primary play space;
- Renovation and enhancement of facilities in Catering;
- Teaching spaces, technology for teachers, extension of Science laboratory facilities and new Secondary Art and Primary STEAM classrooms
This promises to be a very focused time for the school and is in keeping with our commitment to students and parents. Sir Alex Ferguson, formerly manager of Manchester United FC, won the treble in 1999 (the Premier League, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League); it was one of the most successful seasons in footballing history. When asked “What now?”, his simple reply was “Planning for the next season!” As an approach to continuity planning, we could hard better than adopt the same approach.
We do wish all our students and their families, our departing and returning teachers, and all our local staff the very best. We look forward to welcoming all back to the new academic year.