Discover the latest hot-topic aspects of global education in this new publication. From the role of technology and artificial intelligence in learning, to emotional health in young people and the future of education and wellbeing, this report provides a thorough examination of the most pressing issues in education today.
Lord David Puttnam, the Chairman of the NAE Advisory Board said: “We're proud to unveil the first edition of INSIGHTS, which is filled with informative articles and expert opinions. Our mission is to shed light on the complexities of modern education as we all strive to prepare the next generation for a rapidly changing world’.
NAISNY Principal Mr. Frawley said: “Put simply, I believe that if a student feels cared for, safe and most importantly happy they will flourish. This will be evident in their academic progress but equally in their engagement with their teachers, peers and community as a whole.”
WHAT’S UNDER THE COVER?
Although new articles are being launched frequently, INSIGHTS' debut concentrates on how families can equip the next generation with the skills necessary for success in today's ever-changing world.
- 'In Pursuit of Happiness' explores the crucial role that emotional well-being plays in the lives of young learners and highlights its significance in achieving long-term success. The article features insights from various experts who emphasize the importance of promoting happiness in families and schools. They suggest that happiness may even be a better predictor of adult well-being than academic achievement.
- ‘The Fourth Education Revolution’ prompts us to reflect on the vast potential of artificial intelligence in the education sector. By offering more personalised learning experiences, AI has the power to revolutionise education. This technology can help tackle issues such as social inequality and student mental health, while also easing the workload of teachers.
- 'Life in the Skills Locker' shifts away from traditional academic metrics and emphasizes the value of soft skills. Emotional intelligence and critical thinking are among the vital skills discussed in this piece, which underscore how crucial they are for achieving success in the years ahead. Schools are beginning to integrate STEAM and problem-solving projects to prepare students for a world that is evolving at a rapid pace.
- In 'Knowledge is Power?', a crucial question is posed about the changing role of memorization in the age of abundant information. While having a solid foundation of knowledge is crucial, the focus should be on developing adaptable learners who can apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- 'Social Purpose. Real World Value or Virtual Signalling?' challenges us to reconsider what authentic social impact means in an educational context. Gen Z's passion for social and environmental causes has sparked a new wave of interest in impactful student-led initiatives. As a result, institutions are now providing resources to support these endeavors.
INSIGHTS is more than just a collection of thought-provoking articles. Along with these, it serves as a platform to share the newest research findings, interviews with educational leaders, and opinion pieces on best practices in teaching and learning.
Read INSIGHTS online here
and subscribe for the latest info.
ABOUT NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION
As a leading premium international schools organisation, we are shaping a generation of creative and resilient global citizens who graduate from our schools with everything they need for success, whatever they choose to be or do in life. Our strong academic foundations combine world-class teaching and curricula with innovative technology and facilities, creating learning experiences like no other. Inside and outside of the classroom, we inspire our students to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
No two children learn the same way, which is why our schools around the world personalise learning to what works best for every student. Inspired by our high-quality teachers, our students achieve outstanding academic results and go on to study at the world's top universities.