As part of providing in-school adult learning opportunities for parents we are pleased to announce that English Language lessons will be offered in Term 2. The lessons will be delivered by an external teacher, David Warr, who has over 20 years experience in English language teaching.
What will the lessons involve?
Parents will have the opportunity to have a say on what you want to learn, and a customized syllabus will be created together with David. By the end of the course, parents will have:
- Confidence to speak in English to others
- To read and write in English at a level that you are happy with
- An understanding of what your child is learning at school so that you can help them
- All the words and grammar that you need in a beautiful notebook
- A syllabus that you made
When will lessons be held?
We will be holding two sessions this term to provide parents with an opportunity to meet David and get a chance to trial a lesson before signing up. The details are as follows:
- Meet and Greet: Sunday 6th December at 8.00am, in Forum 1: A Meet and Greet opportunity to meet David in a casual and social setting. Tea and coffee will be provided.
- Free Introductory Lesson: Sunday 13th December at 8.00am, in Forum 1: The week after the Meet and Greet, David will be holding a free introductory lesson to give parents a taste of what his English classes will be like.
Weekly lessons – commencing January 2016
Weekly English lessons will then commence in January every week, in 6 week blocks.
Ideally class sizes will be kept to a small number of parents, and suitable class times and day will be discussed during the free introductory lesson on Sunday 13th December.
What is the cost?
The cost for 6 weekly lessons will be a total of 250 AED per person, payable to David at the first lesson.
Click here to register your interest in English lessons for parents.