The population of St. Andrews International School Bangkok is made up of many different nationalities. Some children in the Early Years and Primary have limited English language exposure and therefore need support to access the UK curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant qualifications and experience
- Have an excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Report to the senior members of the FS/KS1 Learning Support Department and Head of Phase
Brief overview of responsibilities:
- To employ appropriate teaching methods to facilitate learning in accordance with the age, stage, aptitude and ability of the children in your care. To keep up-to-date with current educational practices and theory.
- To be aware of the needs of children in your care and to plan appropriate tasks to maintain a close match between the work offered and the needs to the child.
- To implement the school’s assessment and reporting procedures.
- To fulfil break time and lunchtime duties in accordance with the duty rota and duty procedures set out in this document.
- To participate in professional development sessions as arranged by the school.
- To attend staff meetings and INSET and co-operate with other colleagues in all aspects of curriculum development and the corporate running of the school.
- Observe and assess children that have been referred to you by class teachers.
- Plan, organise and implement teaching programmes that support children’s areas of need during in-class support, Literacy support, small group or one-to-one withdrawal sessions.
- Attend planning meetings to provide up to date feedback on children’s progress and inform teachers of EAL lesson plans.
- To liaise effectively between parents and class teachers ensuring that all parties know and understand the targets set for their children.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school, and have an excellent reputation for supporting children with special educational needs. Experience of teaching children with dyslexia, mild autism, ADHD etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team. Our Mission Statement commits us to meeting ‘all the needs of the individual learner’, and this applies equally to those students targeting the very highest grades at IGCSE and IB. Our work on Assessment for Learning, Growth Mindsets and, more recently, High Performance Learning is a very important part of this.
Our school is committed to developing a Virtual Learning Environment using Moodle. There is a strong commitment to integrating the teaching and use of ICT skills into all areas of the curriculum, where appropriate. All Humanities classrooms have data projectors and interactive whiteboards and access to the Internet, with a laptop cart, iPads and ICT labs bookable when required.
As well as their teaching, all teachers are also expected to contribute positively to both the school’s pastoral systems and the extra-curricular programme, offering an Extra-Curricular Activity that either supports or extends the students’ learning in their subject area, or from another area of personal interest.
The closing date for application is 31st May 2015.
If you have any specific questions email email@example.com.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand