St Andrews International School Bangkok is an international school that believes in fully inclusive education. In addition to mainstream learners, we cater for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN), Speech and Communication Difficulties and Delays and children in need of Social and Emotional support. We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic and collaborative professional, with relevant experience and qualifications in the area of Speech and Language Therapy, to join our dynamic transdisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will be:
A qualified Speech and Language Therapist who would be responsible for assessing and providing individual and small group Speech, Language and Social Skills sessions for children 2-11 years of age. In addition, the role of Speech and Language Therapist involves integrating speech and communication strategies and activities into classroom-based experiences for pupils with learning disabilities, supporting them to access and engage in mainstream curriculum opportunities where appropriate. The successful candidate will be required to lead the implementation of AAC devices and expressive and receptive communication systems for individuals where needed.
They will need to have:
- School and clinical experience
- Worked with Primary School aged students with Speech, Language and Communication needs as well as SEN children with specific learning difficulties such as Asperger’s syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Down's Syndrome and be willing to work with physically disabled pupils, and those with psychological, emotional and social disabilities.
- Used a range of tools and screeners to assess the speech, language and communication needs of a child, following up with formal reports and recommendations for families and relevant professionals as required
- Experience in working closely with families and professional staff to empower them to support children in the following areas
- Attention, listening and play skills - includes eye contact, waiting, shared attention, turn-taking etc.
- Language - refers to the words the child knows and says and putting words together.
- Speech - Speech articulation refers to the sounds a child can make and the clarity of what your child says.
- Knowledge of specialist equipment and software would be beneficial.
The work as a Speech and Language Therapist at St. Andrews is varied and challenging and the successful candidate will show:
- Commitment to working with children across our mainstream and special education programs
- Well planned sessions based on assessment results and student targets, producing well-sequenced and informed documentation
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with a range of groups such as parents, teachers, learning support staff, educational psychologists and other therapists
- Creative and innovative thinking when designing and implementing specialised and educational programs for students
- An ability to work closely, sensitively and confidently with parents on a range of issues relating to a child’s progress and needs.
- A willingness to structure and manage safe learning environments which are stimulating and modified to suit individual learning styles.
- The flexibility to respond to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in assessing speech, language and communication delays and disorders
- Experience working in mainstream and special school settings
- Proven positive behaviour management skills
- Knowledge and dissemination of current Speech, Language and Communication practice and methodologies
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No therapist will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a 10-year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please complete the application process through Jobtrain, accessible via the Nord Anglia Education website:
If you require any further information, please email email@example.com The closing date for applications is 31st January 2020 with applications being reviewed as they are received.
St. Andrews International School Bangkok
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand