The main objective of the Head of Primary Music is to ensure the effective and coordinated delivery of high-quality, inclusive music programme in the Primary School which incorporates the Juilliard curriculum within the context of our school.
The Head of Primary Music will also be responsible for producing or supporting in strategic direction, planning, showcasing, programming, resourcing and management of the musical aspects of the primary school’s performing arts co-curricular program
Role and Responsibilities:
- Enabling and challenging children to discover, develop and enjoy their musical abilities.
- Teaching, curriculum development and evaluation of class music across FS, KS1 and KS2, including the incorporation of the Juilliard curriculum
- Leading a team of two class music teachers and six instrumental teachers
- Overseeing, monitoring and organising resources for an instrumental music programme
- Creative and organisational coordination of whole school community events
- Development of music extra-curricular program – delivering, resourcing, supporting teachers
- Creating links with the high school music department and outside organisations such as FOBISIA and TISAC- this may include organising or competing in competitions and workshops, both locally and regionally
The whole school community and environment:
- To participate in extracurricular activities.
- To support promotional activities associated with the advancement of the School.
- To be an ambassador for the School in the wider local and global community.
- To promote the House system within the school and organise department House activities throughout per year.
All teachers are also expected to contribute positively to the extra-curricular programme, which runs after school, offering extracurricular activities that either support or extend the students’
learning, and passion for music. Our school has a good reputation of supporting children with special educational needs and experience of teaching children with ADHD, mild autism, dyslexia etc. would be very good prior experience for a teacher wishing to join our team.
St Andrews is committed to ensuring the safety of all our students, and expects all staff to share the same commitment (see our Child Protection Code of Conduct). No teacher will be appointed without at least two references, including one from the most recent employer, a ten-year criminal record check and relevant regional Prohibition Order/DBS checks.
The closing date for application is Friday 18th December 2020.
If you would like to apply for a position at our school please click Apply Now. If you require any further information, please email email@example.com .
St. Andrews International School Bangkok, Primary School
9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit Soi 71
Watthana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand