The International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC) provides an effective bridge from the International Primary Curriculum, and it prepares students for types of analysis and synthesis that are inherent in typical Secondary School tasks. In addition, the IMYC program reinforces our school's Core Values, which provide consistency and reinforce our student’s development into global citizens.
NAISR’s Middle School emphasizes intercultural awareness and communication, and it is committed to equipping students with the academic and personal tools that will lead to their continued success in secondary level. Our Middle School students will:
- Have an appreciation and value for teamwork and effective communication;
- Be provided small-group and individualised instruction to accommodate their unique needs;
- Further develop their intrinsic motivation as well essential academic, interpersonal and intrapersonal skills;
- Explore their sense of self and place in the world, developing their international mindedness; and
- Deepen their understanding and extend their learning beyond the classroom by linking their learning to broader concepts.