Alison is originally from Canada although she has lived in Europe (France and The Netherlands) for the past fourteen years. She has experience teaching and leading in both primary and secondary schools and is passionate about international and specifically intercultural education.
Alison has a background in curriculum, instruction and assessment and is part of a Special Interest Group (SIG) in the area of teaching and learning for the Educational Collaborative for International Schools (ECIS). Alison has experience as a member of CIS Accreditation Teams and is currently undergoing training as a NEASC Accreditor too.
She feels strongly about maintaining the whole child at the center of learning, so that instilling core values and working to meet both personal and academic needs are at the heart of what we do in schools. Her three children are proud members of the Primary school at NAISR.
- B.A., Sociology, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
- B.A., Geography, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
- B.Ed., Queen's University, Ontario, Canada - Primary, Junior and Intermediate (Geography) Divisions and Special Education, Part 1 (Behaviour)
- M.Ed., Mount Saint Vincent University, Ontario, Canada
- Principal's Qualification Program, Ontario Principals’ Council, Ontario, Canada
- Certificate of International Leadership, Principals Training Center, Rome, Italy