The Dover Court Association is a volunteer led social events association. It is a registered society subject to statutory requirements under the Societies Act and Regulations in Singapore.
The DCA strives to enhance, enrich and support students and parents’ experiences at our school. As DCA we have now been in existence for 5 years during which we have significantly expanded our programme.
The DCA is run by a small executive committee comprising elected Chairs, Treasurer, Secretary and a wider committee of volunteers. We are reliant on the support and assistance of parents to help build good community spirit and assist us with any initiatives or events. All parents are automatically part of the DCA and there is no charge imposed to join.
DCA meetings are held throughout the year which parents are encouraged to attend. We welcome all skills, input and ideas from the wider community.
Highlights of our programme includes:
- Welcoming new families, offering assistance, information and friendship and helping them through the transition to the school.
- Providing assistance with the class representative network
- Working with our Student Councils to promote and assist with any student run drives and initiatives. We also support the school with any teacher/school led event where our assistance is required.
- Organising a Used Uniform Sales every term with more cost effective uniform options
- Supporting our community by running our social events - such as Welcome Picnic, Movie Nights, School Discos, Parent Socials and our very popular Halloween and Christmas events. Our aim is always to bring together parents, students and staff to promote community spirit.
All the funds we raise from any events held by the DCA are used in funding subsequent events, school activities, year gifts or charities, including and not limited to Riding with the Disabled which our children in the Pathway Programme Benefit from. The charities must be on the list approved by the school’s Charity Committee and recipients are decided annually by the parent body at the AGM.
As part of our pastoral programme we also welcome parent volunteers to join our family buddy programme. This has been set up so that families joining DCIS are contacted prior to school starting to welcome them and help them get settled. This is in addition to the class buddy system that happens when the students start school.
We would love to see you in the DCA!
If you are interested in getting more involved, have ideas you would like to share or any questions please send us an email to email@example.com