Our parent association is called the Dover Court Association, the DCA. All parents are automatically part of the association and there is no charge for this. Each year the DCA organises successful events for both students and parents. The DCA holds regular meetings and encourages parents to attend to get involved and extend their network amongst the parent body.
- Wednesday 13th February DCA EGM 7.30pm
Events already on the calendar for the 2018/19 academic year include:
- Saturday 1st September - Welcome back picnic
- Friday 2nd November - Halloween event
- Saturday 8th December - Christmas Fayre
- Friday 1st March - Parent quiz
- Saturday 30th March – Movie Night
- Saturday 11th May – Parent Social
- Saturday 15th June - Family sports day
- Students discos
- Friday 25th January – Years 7-9
- Wednesday 13th March – Years 3-4
- Thursday 14th March – Years 5-6
Each class has a parent representative who supports both the class teacher and the DCA. Parent representatives are incredibly important roles and we are very grateful to those that volunteer to help. The representatives assist with disseminating information from the class teacher and the DCA. They will often organise class social events so that all parents are connected and made to feel welcome.
Parents can also to get involved at school in a number of different ways. In the Lower Primary school parents volunteer weekly in the swimming pool with class swimming, there are also opportunities for parents to assist weekly with student reading. As part of the IPC curriculum parents are also often invited into school for the topic exit points to listen to students explaining and showcasing what they have learned.
As part of our pastoral programme we also welcome parent volunteers to join our family buddy programme. This has been set up so that families joining DCIS are contacted prior to school starting to welcome them and help them get settled. This is in addition to the class buddy system that happens when the students start school.