Students at The British School, Warsaw achieved excellent IB results in the May 2013 examination session. Our Diploma Programme students achieved a 35-point average, which is the highest IB average in the school's history, competing with the best schools in the UK. 20% of our students achieved above 40 points and for the second consecutive year, one of our students achieved a maximum score of 45 points, a result that only 0.2% of IB students achieve worldwide.
- Top score: 45 points - the maximum possible and achieved by 0.2% of students worldwide.
- 35-point average Diploma score.
- 20% achieved over 40 points.
- 49% achieved the top level of 7 points in at least one subject.
- 89% achieved level 6 or above in at least one subject.
- 54% achieved a level 6 in three or more subjects.
- Five of our students have been accepted on degree courses at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
- One of our top students will study Medicine at University College London.
- 11 students gained a bilingual Diploma with languages such as Polish and French taking a second A1 language besides English.
Our students will now go on to study subjects as diverse as Human, Social and Political Sciences, Physics, Geography, Engineering, Medicine, History and Economics at the top Universities around the world. Scotland has been a popular destination this year, with students opting for Edinburgh, St. Andrew’s and Glasgow Universities in particular. London remains the most popular destination, with several students taking up offers at University College London, Imperial College and City University. Students with ambitions to work in Drama and Media have chosen Bath Spa. Four students have preferred to go as far afield as Canada and the USA while some have opted to stay in Poland and study at some of the top universities in Warsaw.
Our students are now on their way to fulfilling their dreams and are soon to embark on the next stage of their educational journey. Our warmest congratulations go to all of the class of 2013. Finally, thank you to the hard-working, talented teachers and supportive parents who have helped them to be the best they can be.
Excellent results are a true testimony of the outstanding effort and hard work put in by our students. They have been supported through their studies by a committed and supportive team of highly qualified and very experienced IB teachers.
Congratulations to all the students who are now embarking on their university careers at places such as
- Cambridge University
- Oxford University
- Glasgow University
- Columbia University
- Imperial College London
- St. Andrews University
- University of Edinburgh
and many other top universities in the UK, USA, Canada, Poland and across the world.