As examinations continue for Years 11 and 13, the rest of the secondary school has been preparing for the summer end of year exams during form time on Tuesdays. Every student has been given a copy of the examination timetable and most students revision is well under way.
End of Year exams for years 10 and 12 begin on Monday 25 May and end on
Friday 29 May.
Year 10 will be able to arrive at school later if they do not have an examination first session in the morning, and leave earlier if there are no more examinations scheduled that day. The students can collect a special exam exit pass to enable them to leave the building. No student may leave the building during the middle of the day and return again later in the same day.
All year 10 students need written permission from parents in order to obtain an exam exit pass.
A permission slip has already been sent to all parents of Year 10 students. Written permission can be handed in at the Secondary school office to Mrs Miazga on the first day of examinations.
Year 7 to Year 9 have lessons as usual on Monday and Tuesday and examinations from Wednesday 27 May to Friday 29 May.
Students have been informed of examination rules, some of which are summarized below:
• Students need to bring a transparent bag containing 2 pens, a pencil, ruler and eraser.
Coloured pencils are optional.
• A calculator may be required for some exams-students need to check this with the teacher.
• Students may not borrow equipment from another student during an examination.
• No electronic devices will be allowed in the exam room-this includes mobile phones,
smart watches, tablets or any other device with internet connectivity.
• Cheating of any kind will result in disqualification. This means the exam paper will not
be graded and a mark will not be recorded on the final report.
• Students may not communicate in any way during exams. If there is a problem,
the student may raise his/her hand and the invigilator will come and deal with the issue.
Following examinations Years 7 to 10 are looking forward to Green Camps which will take place
from 21 June to 26 June. Thank you to all parents who have handed in the completed forms.
Wishing all of our students a successful exam week!