We are always striving to improve the things we do and we value your feedback. We therefore asked our parents how they felt about the day overall. Below is a snapshot of the results of that survey, please contact Mrs Fox if you have any further questions or suggestions.
You can find the results of some of the key questions here: Academic Review Day Survey
Overall those surveyed told us that, out of the 97 responses received:
- 97% of parents, or another family member were able to attend
- 91% found staff very welcoming
- 91% were satisfied, very satisfied or extremely satisfied with the feedback received
- 31% would prefer to meet face to face in a parents’ evening (4-7pm)
- 65% would prefer the current Academic Review Day format
- 70% rate the review day as very or extremely convenient and 27% found it quite convenient
- 80% rated the online booking system as very good or excellent
- 90% rated the improvement advice given to be good or better
- 92% found the timekeeping of appointments to be good or better
Overall the venue, the IB Learning Centre, was rated highly but we note the following issues:
- Some areas seemed too crowded and noisy
To explain our rationale here,
- In previous years we conducted appointments in classrooms. However, whilst this gives greater privacy, it makes it difficult for parents to see who is next for each appointment and forces them to wait in the corridor uncertain as to who is next.
- Re-locating to the IB building from the main canteen or various classrooms has been a great improvement as it cuts down on travel time between appointments. However, we will plan next time to expand into other spaces to alleviate this and provide a quieter environment in which to meet.
- Five minutes is often considered to be too short, however, we do firmly believe that with a personalised, targeted approach this is quite feasible; it is common practice in many good schools. What is clear though, is that we need to emphasise to all parents that alternative, longer discussions can readily be arranged with specific teachers should the need arise; we will advertise this more widely before the next review day.
Many thanks to everyone who completed the survey, it is still open for those of you who wish to feedback.
Head of Secondary