The main aim for the Swimathon 2019 is to support our House Charities.
- Aim High – working with young people to help reach their potential
- Broken Ties – working to bring families that have been split apart back together
- Fundacja Azylu pod Psim Aniolem – a safe place for homeless dogs, readying them for adoption
- Warsztaty Terapii Zajeciowej w Trzebini – helping disabled people within the community
- The TBS and Nord Anglia Tanzania Programme which year by year provides valuable housing and amenities to hundreds of people in selected areas of Tanzania
Students will travel to and from the venue by coach. Their goal is to swim as many laps in the pool in 45 minutes. Whilst the children are doing the hard work by completing the actual physical swimming, we would really appreciate your help as parents to support in finding the sponsorship funds for them. We would like the families and friends of each student to support their hard efforts in the pool by sponsoring them generously.
At TBS students learn that their actions can make a difference in people’s life. Taking part in this fantastic event, you will be helping to make a direct impact on the lives of people living in our community. As a new initiative this year we will introduce an annual Swimathon Award, which will be named after Jan Szymanski, a student from our school who unfortunately passed away earlier this year. Jan was a good swimmer and was part of the TBS swim team, he was also involved in charity work for the Warsaw Volunteer Mission. To recognize and remember Jan’s contribution to TBS and to the community this Swimathon Award will be awarded to the swimmer who completes the most lengths in the pool.
“Pledge Sheet's were sent home this week to parents. On it, you can promise to pay your child for completing a certain number of laps or promise a total sum based on the swimming laps accomplished in the Swimathon.
Here is how the event will work:
- Students will have to find sponsors and write them down on the pledge sheet.
- Following their swimming, students who have earned “pledges” from parents, family and friends will write down on the sponsor form their actual money collected.
- The sponsor form with the money should be returned to their Form Tutor no later than May 24.
Please pledge as much as you can for this worthy cause and help your child get as many sponsors as possible. Together, we can make a difference!
All swimmers should bring swimming kit, cap, flip-flops and a towel and all students will change at the pool.
Please sign the permission slip below, which allows your child to take part in the Swimathon and return it to your child’s Form Tutor no later than Wednesday 15 May.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Mr. Bas Kienhuis
Head of Primary PE, The British School, Warsaw