This week and next I will be holding assemblies to set out our continued expectations with regard to the many vital and intrinsic elements of what makes our school community run smoothly and effectively. We are proud of our school, students and staff and what they achieve and the New Year is always a good time to renew and refresh particularly around the following:
Our school values sum up who we are and how we wish to be.
Stemming from this we endeavour to uphold them in all we do and how we act. During assembly I will be reminding our students of the importance of:
- Being considerate and respectful to everyone around us – giving way in corridors and doorways, greeting people with a smile and a ‘Good morning/afternoon..’ and offering help where needed.
- Wearing our uniform in accordance with the uniform code – black shoes, no jeans or leggings, simple appropriate jewellery and natural nail polish (please avoid brightly coloured acrylic nails during term time!)
- Using the common language, English, so that all are included, all of the time.
Please speak about the importance of this at home too and support us to make our school the best place to be between 8 and 4 on a weekday!
Secondary Key Dates below:
- 13th-17th January - Y12 and Pre IB mid-year exams
- 18th January – 24th January 2020 (KS3) Les Martinets -Snow sports
- 23rd January 2020 - PTA parent information session - An Introduction to the IBDP Programme
- 24th January 2020 – Studniowka
- 29th January 2020 - Y11 parents IB options evening
- 30th January -6th February 2020 - Tanzania Seeway
- 30th January -6th February 2020 Tanzania Natron
- 7th -9th February - NAE MUN, La Cote International School, Switzerland
- 10th February 2020 - ISMTF Maths Challenge
- 11th February – 22nd February 2020 - Kilimanjaro
- 11th February 2020 - Y9 KS4 Curriculum Evening
- 11th February 2020 - Y7-9 Internet Safety Day
- 17th February – 23rd February 2020 (KS4/5) Les Martinets – Snowsports
Head of Secondary