Following our appeal in last week’s newsletter, the Pankracy Foundation has received the following donations for the Magic Giving Tree charitable initiative:
- 1,400 zl to buy one computer
- one ‘pre-loved’computer, soon to be delivered to a home
- and one ‘pre-loved’ PSP console and computer game, delivered yesterday to very appreciative children in a home in the village of Drelów in Lublin Province
Thank you to all the donors for your generosity. Please read below about the Magic Giving Tree project to find out how you can help children in need during these challenging times.
Our PTA charity committee has been approached by the Pankracy Foundation with a request to help 100 children from 7 children’s homes around Poland.These homes face the same challenges that we do with social distancing and home learning and they are asking for help with tablets, computers & games. Our aim is to supply each home with at least one new or second hand tablet or computer.
If you would like to help, you can do this by staying at home and:
- donating cash to the Pankracy Foundation specifically for this cause. They will buy the equipment for the children in the homes. The bank account details are Fundacja Św Pankracy
47 1600 1462 1029 8074 1000 0002
- donating any computer equipment or games/ toys that you no longer need. Please don’t worry if you think that it won’t be good enough. These homes have very little equipment and a slow tablet or computer will still be helpful.
Please contact Dorota Stano or Kinga Gromala from Fundacja Pankracy to arrange for a courier to pick up your donation. Their contact details are below.
We appreciate your continued generosity towards these children, especially now when they are in great need of our help.
This year the Christmas Giving Tree initiative raised an excess of 12,146zl which was to be donated to the children’s homes to fund group activities. They will now put this money towards the IT equipment.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact Dorota (email@example.com or 603 055 892) or Kinga (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Pankracy Foundation, or Sonia from our PTA charity committee at email@example.com.
PTA Charity Committee