Learning support at Regents
Speech and language therapy
Our UK-qualified speech and language therapists work with identified students on their communication skills. This includes students who have receptive language difficulties (difficulty with understanding what others are saying) and expressive language difficulties (difficulty expressing themselves clearly using spoken language).
Expressive language skills
- Developing the range of words a student can use and increasing length of utterance.
- Developing spoken grammar skills to an age-appropriate level.
Receptive language skills
- Develop students' understanding of the language used in the classroom and at home.
- Increase the difficulty and complexity of language a student can understand.
- Develop auditory memory and processing skills (the ability to listen to, interpret, and recall spoken information).
A speech and language therapist also helps students with:
- Social interaction (how we communicate) and social communication skills (why we communicate). This is often a difficulty for students with who have autism. .
- Students with attention and listening difficulties where these are a barrier to effective communication and learning.
- Dysfluent speech (also known as stammering or stuttering).
- Students with unclear speech.
- Phonological awareness skills (fundamental pre-literacy skills).
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) e.g. Makaton, PECs (Picture Exchange Communication System).
Speech and language therapy service
We offer 40-minute sessions from Monday to Thursday at 3:45 pm and 4:30 pm.
Initial consultation 3,000THB
Our therapist will discuss your child’s needs and then recommend either a full or partial assessment.
Full assessment 26,000THB
For those new to speech and language therapy or those needing an updated assessment.
Partial assessment 10,000THB
For students who already have a speech and language therapy report.
Speech and language therapy sessions are 2,500THB each and are offered in blocks of either 6 or 12.
- 6 sessions: 13,500THB (saving of 1,500THB).
- 12 sessions: 24,000THB (saving of 6,000THB).
A review will be made at the end of the 6 or 12 sessions to monitor progress, discuss next steps and make recommendations.
To book your initial consultation, please contact SALT@regents-pattaya.co.th.
Meet our therapist
Stephanie Holmes is an experienced therapist registered with the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists. She qualified from the University of Sheffield, England, with a MedSci (Master's of Medical Science) in Clinical Communication Studies in 2011.
Stephanie started her career in the National Health Service (NHS), as part of the Derbyshire Children's Speech and Language team. Stephanie continued her career in a special educational needs school in Pattaya, where she worked for two years. She then provided outreach speech and language therapy to several local international schools in the area, including Regents. Stephanie has worked full-time here since 2018.