The British School of Beijing has a proven track record of producing excellent academic results year after year. In standardised testing of students at all levels, we sit well above the UK and global average. Our graduates are accepted into top universities worldwide. But a successful student cannot be judged on exam results alone.
We make it our mission to ensure that all those who participate in our school life leave us as better, more able, more responsible and confident individuals, who uphold our core values of honesty, integrity, excellent manners and respect for others.
We look to celebrate success, and our teachers are always on the look out to catch our student doing something special, whether it be academically or socially. We like informal praise, but we also have formal systems for rewarding our students with our House system and Merit scheme.
Each year The British School of Beijing, Shunyi achieves excellent academic results.
In the 2015/2016 school year:
IB Diploma Results (click the link below for details)
IGCSE Results (click the link below for details)
- 46% of all IGCSE grades achieved by BSB Shunyi students were at the highest levels of A* or A.
- 87% of all grades in all subjects were C or better.
Special congratulations to -
- Sunny Hwang, Jung Ho Joo, and Emma Le who all achieved 8A* and 4A grades.
- Chanyoung Park gained 9A* and 1 A grade.
- Kathleen Loh achieved 8A* and 3A grades.
- Sabrina Zhang with 5A* and 4A grades.
3 students have received the Best in China award for achieving the highest mark in a particular IGCSE subject.
- Camille Jutard & Magalie Mieville - Best in China First Language French (same score)
- Laura Snook - Best in China First Language Portuguese
Each year our students receive offers from excellent Universities and Colleges from around the world. Please download document below for details.
|BSB GPA Computation Years 10-11
The IB DP does not have GPA equivalents and, as a result, BSB does not convert IB scores to GPA scores. Further details: http://www.ibo.org/university-admission/recognition-of-the-ib-diploma-by-countries-and-universities/ib-diploma-compared-with-other-national-exams/
Update from: Mr. Steve Lewis, Head of Secondary