Learn more about our community
British International School of Boston uses world-renowned curricula, as part of Nord Anglia Education — an international schools group with more than 70,000 students worldwide.
A few facts about our independent, private school in Boston:
- We're a day school with more than 500 students from around the world. Approximately 75% of our students are local to Boston, and 25% are ex-pats, joining us from England, Spain, Russia, The Netherlands, Brazil, China, and beyond.
- We have more than 80 heritages represented in our student body and more than 20 languages spoken by our families.
- British International School of Boston serves Toddlers (18 months) through High School (Grade 12) students.
- Our school is located on the border of Boston's popular Jamaica Plain neighborhood and the suburban town of Brookline.
- We offer bus transportation from a number of spots in greater Boston, including downtown Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Needham, Waltham, Dedham, and Wellesley.
- The school day is 8:20 am to 3:30 pm. Early drop-off is available from 7:30 am and our after-school care program runs from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm. We have clubs, sports, and other competitive activities after school, too. Our Middle and High School sports teams compete against other independent schools.
- We require school uniforms for students through Year 11 (Grade 10). Our International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) students in Years 12 and 13 (Grades 11 and 12) have a dress code rather than a uniform.
Learn more about our academics
- British International School of Boston is part of Nord Anglia Education, a global network of schools with a distinguished track record of top college placements in the United States, Europe, and beyond. Year after year, exam results across all our schools demonstrate a commitment to our exceptional standards of learning and student outcomes.
- We teach internationally respected curricula throughout all year groups at our school.
- Our Toddlers, Preschool, and the Lower School use the National Curriculum of England and the International Primary Curriculum.
- Our Middle School uses the National Curriculum of England.
- Our High School uses the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) to offer high-level academics and allow our students to stand-out during their college application process.
- Completion of our High School program prepares our students for entry into competitive colleges and universities worldwide.
- During the application process, we assess each prospective student's ability to access the curriculum, including their English language ability. We offer English-language support for students, but in general only accept children with limited England abilities in Lower School. In the Middle School and High School, our English proficiency requirements are stricter and are determined on a case-by-case basis.
- We assess every child prior to entry to our school. If we find that your child has gaps in their learning, we can provide extra support. We don't accept children unless we feel confident that they'll be successful at our school.