At Our School:
- All visitors must be buzzed through the main entrance to enter the school building. We require visitors to check in with the Main Office, sign in, and wear a visitor's badge at all times while in our school.
- All doors to our school remain locked throughout the school day. We monitor each door with security cameras and an intercom system, allowing office personnel to see and speak with each visitor before unlocking each door.
- Pick-up procedures are driven by our parents. Any changes to pick-up plans for a student must be reported to the Main Office by a parent or guardian. Any student dropped off late or picked up early must be signed in and out by a parent or guardian.
- The Health and Safety Committee is made up of administrators, teaching staff, and facilities workers. We review and revise safety and security procedures frequently, and we hold regular safety drills throughout the school year.
- Safety continues even when students are out of the school building. Parents are always informed of field trips and off-campus outings in advance, and they must provide permission for students to attend. Staff members accompanying students off campus are required to bring a first-aid kit and important student medications.
- All teachers, staff, and volunteers receive background checks before working with students. They also receive first-aid training to handle minor bumps and bruises in their classrooms and on the playground.